Zum Inhalt springen

Expand retrofited central locking range

ericosman

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi,

Someone placed a new CCU in my car so it would be possible to use remote keys. Now i have the right remote keys and it's all working :) But there is a downside to this... And the problem is i have a minimal range.... The range is only like 1 meter ( from the drivers door ) sometimes it's more or less... ( i guess it depends on the weather ? )

Stuff i tryed:

Use a new battery

Place the wire ( used as an antenna ) above the drivers door

But still the range is crappy :(

Do's anyone know how i can expand the range like "normal" ?

A small addition: refer to your service booklet. When you have the PR-Code 5D1 for example (generally 5Dx with x>0), the antenna is already installed. If not, you got the code 5D0

Hi,

The guy put a yellow wire there ( i hope in the right spot :D )

It looks like this :

8ztPQke.jpg

Well, in any case, it's the right plug! :D

But note the following: the (receiving-) antenna works best when it's length is a multiple or a fraction of it's wavelength!

The wavelenght is calculated from the ratio between speed of light and frequenzy in [Hz]

Well, in any case, it's the right plug! :D

But note the following: the (receiving-) antenna works best when it's length is a multiple or a fraction of it's wavelength!

The wavelenght is calculated from the ratio between speed of light and frequenzy in [Hz]

:kratz::kratz: mmmm... so how long do's the cable need to be ? :eek:

The Hz of the remote is 433,92 MHz ( remote 8Z0837231 )

Take a fraction of the length, e.g. a quarter --> 17.3cm

We'll I'm high-level-retrofitter :D, I would try to find the original material or at least a part from accessories

If you know where i can get a a2 antenna tell me :)

But if i get it right now i have to only use a 17.3 cm cable ? So it will be only under the driver?

Sure, it'll be only under the driver. The chassis is considered to the transmission power of the key, don't worry.

How urgent is this? I've got a complete cable harness at home and could search the antenna. But I'm very busy in the next time...

Probably it's easier to look for an alternative in the internet.

Sure, it'll be only under the driver. The chassis is considered to the transmission power of the key, don't worry.

How urgent is this? I've got a complete cable harness at home and could search the antenna. But I'm very busy in the next time...

Probably it's easier to look for an alternative in the internet.

It's no big deal atm but it's just not verry handy :(

I looked for some antenna's but could not fine them :kratz:

I suggest that you try first a cable length of 34-35 cm (lambda/2). A couple of mm more or less don't count much, as this simple antenna is rather broadband, compared to more sophisticated antennas.

The slight advantage compared to 17cm (lambda/4) is that this approach is less sensitive to a potentially missing electromagnetic ground field.

I suggest that you try first a cable length of 34-35 cm (lambda/2). A couple of mm more or less don't count much, as this simple antenna is rather broadband, compared to more sophisticated antennas.

The slight advantage compared to 17cm (lambda/4) is that this approach is less sensitive to a potentially missing electromagnetic ground field.

So i have to cut my cable to 34-35 cm?

I see the lambda are antenna's? Is there a specific antenna you recommend?

Bearbeitet von ericosman

Lambda is the wavelength of the signal.

Ok, but now i'm a little confused what to do:kratz:

I have to cut the cable i guess?

And where should i put the cable? And do i have to place it in some kind of shape? And do i need to have the end open so it can connect to metal?

"Lambda" is just the wave length in meter, not the antenna.

Take the antenna that you already have, the yellow one on the picture above.

One word to physics: if up to now your antenna was just laying on the metallic floor, it cannot work. The antenna must be kind of extracted, not scrunched up.

Before you cut the antenna: Initially, double-check the battery in the remote key is good. Then, by visual inspection, make sure there is no cable break, or bad solder joint in the plug. Then take the antenna as it is now (yellow cable, before you cut it) lay it straight upwards and provisorily mount the end of the cable on the roof top, e.g. by using a adhesive tape or so. If this is done, close the doors and make a range test.

Why doing this: the idea is to reduce the influence from the metallic environment on the receiving capability of the antenna, in order to check if the system works under perfect conditions. If not, something else must be wrong.

If the range test is good under these ideal conditions, that means it works over a distance of at least 5-10m, the system works but the receiving capability of the antenna has been poor in your initial setup, you should make the second step (still don't cut the antenna): place the cable in a bit exposed way, but hidden behind a covering, as you indicated in post #8. There is the hope that the receiving cabality of the antenna is still good enough. Then make a range test. If it's good, put everything together and be happy. If not: consider to cut the antenna to a length of around 34-35cm and try again.

If this doesn't work either, purchase a new antenna.

Good luck.

I did a quick recording on how to test your keys hf functionality for cheap:

Sorry for the German commentary but most of the users that watch it will be German and I didn't feel like recording two versions. Basically you need a rooted android phone that supports USB host mode, DVB-T USB stick with the Realtek 2832 chipset and the apps you can see. Rest should be obvious from the video.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mantz_it.rfanalyzer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=marto.rtl_tcp_andro

Bearbeitet von herr_tichy

• 8 Jahre später...

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Aktivitäten

1. 11

Vom Flop zum Superstar, der Audi A2

2. 161

8. Audi A2 Schraubertreffen am 06.04.2024 in 59510 Lippetal / You are welcome 🚘

3. 1

Partikelfilter

4. 1

Partikelfilter

5. 11

Vom Flop zum Superstar, der Audi A2

6. 161

8. Audi A2 Schraubertreffen am 06.04.2024 in 59510 Lippetal / You are welcome 🚘

7. 1

G266 Ölstandssensor leckt?

8. 6

[1.4 AUA] Ölablassschraube zu klein

9. 9

S-Line 9 Speichenfelge in 16 Zoll?

10. 6

[1.4 AUA] Ölablassschraube zu klein

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.